Thursday, August 21, 2008

I'm procrastinating...

I should be tidying the house this afternoon but am feeling uninspired. I am spending my time instead looking at other people's blogs. That's what I do when I can't face the mess behind me...I look at other people's houses and for half an hour I can pretend that they are mine. In the meantime, I'll show you Rosie and Ella all dressed up for the Book Week parade today. They had to go as a character from one of the short-listed books.


Rosie (looking really pretty-I think) is from a chapter book called Dragon's Moon and Ella is from Parsley Rabbit's Book about Books. Ella is wearing a pyjama outfit that her and Rosie asked me to make for them.


Here is the inspiration.....

and here is the result....


complete with fake bum flaps.



But now, back to reality. Sigh, the housework is calling. Here's a little something pretty to get me in the mood...

and something yummy to eat as my reward.


There's one for you too!

1 comment:

  1. haha fake bum flaps, that's fantastic!

    We kinda had a book week at our school too. We had a couple of authors come and do workshops with student. I went to a workshop with the Brisbane writer, Nick Earls. He is a very funny guy, never read any of his stuff, but he is a real character.

    I should probably tell you, one of my artworks has been entered into a state wide competition by my teacher. They are announcing tomorrow night the people who will be going into the final show, which will tour for around 2 years all over QLD. Our school is actually hosting tomorrow night so currently every spare space in our gallery has an artwork hung on it. There are so many amazing artworks I very highly doubt mine will get in, but it's exciting anyway.


    I really enjoy reading your blog.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me happy. Spread the love.

Get to know me

  • I love the smell of cinnamon and vanilla.
  • My favourite flowers are daisies.
  • My favourite trees are pine trees.
  • I always like to have the bickie jar full and a cake on the cake stand. I know...not that healthy, but so good to look at.
  • Autumn is my favourite month, although I do wish we had more of a change of colours up here in Queensland.
  • I love Anne of Green Gables and Laura Ingalls Wilder. They started my love affair with "old-fashioned" stuff.
  • I'm a boots and jeans kind of girl, but also love vintage skirts and dresses.
  • I like sewing and am in love with quilts at the moment.
  • I love reading. (I have a weakness for archeological thrillers and historical romances, but not Mills and Boon-type ones.)
  • I love old houses with character. No new estate houses for me. (Sorry Rosie.)
  • I love vintage/cottage/farmhouse decorating and pretty pinks and blues, with a splash of red for colour.
  • Polka dots can make me sigh with delight.
  • I have 4 chooks. They are MY pets. Another tick on my dream-come-true chart.
  • I don't eat dessert much any more. I'm not dieting, I just don't want it. (Does that mean I'm growing up if I say no to an icecream cone?)
  • I'll still always say yes to chocolate though!
  • I like to sit on the front stairs in the sun, to drink my morning cup of tea, while I contemplate what to do in the garden.
  • I've got the gardening bug again recently. It comes and goes with the weather. I'm envisioning cottage flowers in pink, blue and white to go with my green picket fence.