Well, I never did get around to showing you the rest of my holiday down south and (yikes) I can't believe it's June already. Winter's just beginning over here and I've got the croaky voice to prove it. No wait, yesterday it was croaky. Hubby said sexy, but I thought I sounded more like Selma and Patty of the Simpsons. Definately NOT sexy. Today, I can't speak above a whisper hence the doctors appointment in an hour.
Even though it's getting cold, my garden has been doing surprisingly well. For starters, I finally got a start on the vege garden I always wanted just over a month ago and it's like a jungle now. Yippee! I don't kill everything.
During my clean-up I found this old ammunitions box which I think belonged to my grandfather, possibly from the war???? I was going to throw it out but decided it would make a great planter.
Get to know me
- I love the smell of cinnamon and vanilla.
- My favourite flowers are daisies.
- My favourite trees are pine trees.
- I always like to have the bickie jar full and a cake on the cake stand. I know...not that healthy, but so good to look at.
- Autumn is my favourite month, although I do wish we had more of a change of colours up here in Queensland.
- I love Anne of Green Gables and Laura Ingalls Wilder. They started my love affair with "old-fashioned" stuff.
- I'm a boots and jeans kind of girl, but also love vintage skirts and dresses.
- I like sewing and am in love with quilts at the moment.
- I love reading. (I have a weakness for archeological thrillers and historical romances, but not Mills and Boon-type ones.)
- I love old houses with character. No new estate houses for me. (Sorry Rosie.)
- I love vintage/cottage/farmhouse decorating and pretty pinks and blues, with a splash of red for colour.
- Polka dots can make me sigh with delight.
- I have 4 chooks. They are MY pets. Another tick on my dream-come-true chart.
- I don't eat dessert much any more. I'm not dieting, I just don't want it. (Does that mean I'm growing up if I say no to an icecream cone?)
- I'll still always say yes to chocolate though!
- I like to sit on the front stairs in the sun, to drink my morning cup of tea, while I contemplate what to do in the garden.
- I've got the gardening bug again recently. It comes and goes with the weather. I'm envisioning cottage flowers in pink, blue and white to go with my green picket fence.