Sunday, September 27, 2009
Wednesday, September 23, 2009
I'm really happy with the way it turned out. This tin holds my spools of thread and I love these scrabble letters.
This tin was bought several years ago for Christmas and never got put away. It was holding my record collection (and various junk)
This is my now-tidy craft table. Also a nice place to sit in the morning and read the paper. These two chairs belonged to the lady we bought the house off, but they were peeling and chipped and dirty. I gave them a good scrub and painted one blue and one green.
I bought another suitcase to hold more sewing supplies but I'm undecided about whether to keep it the way it is or paint it. Blue, maybe? And on the wall above is some "3D art-work" that I'm really proud of the way it turned out. Remember these pictures with the green frames,
And I'd like to make some bunting to hang below the shelf
Saturday, September 19, 2009
and these fence posts.
This house, nestled around a corner, was just crying out for a makeover but had the most wonderful character...
Then turning towards home, I passed through Montville (completely full of tourists...yuk) and Mapleton, where I thought that I'd take a different road back to Kenilworth again.
Little did I know that it would turn into a one lane, isolated, really winding, really steep gravel road to get down the mountain. All I could think of was Mitch saying, "Now don't be foolish and go anywhere deserted or go bushwalking by yourself or anywhere where you could get into trouble." Well this female tackled it with ease (and a little relief when it finished)
Saturday, September 12, 2009
Hopefully on the holidays, I'm going to start preparing the room for painting. I'm planning on doing the lower plaster walls in a really pale robin's egg blue, the top cream and the shelves, cabinets and all trimmings in antique white. I'm open to any suggestions regarding decoration, colour, curtains etc. What do you think?
Wednesday, September 9, 2009
Get to know me
- I love the smell of cinnamon and vanilla.
- My favourite flowers are daisies.
- My favourite trees are pine trees.
- I always like to have the bickie jar full and a cake on the cake stand. I know...not that healthy, but so good to look at.
- Autumn is my favourite month, although I do wish we had more of a change of colours up here in Queensland.
- I love Anne of Green Gables and Laura Ingalls Wilder. They started my love affair with "old-fashioned" stuff.
- I'm a boots and jeans kind of girl, but also love vintage skirts and dresses.
- I like sewing and am in love with quilts at the moment.
- I love reading. (I have a weakness for archeological thrillers and historical romances, but not Mills and Boon-type ones.)
- I love old houses with character. No new estate houses for me. (Sorry Rosie.)
- I love vintage/cottage/farmhouse decorating and pretty pinks and blues, with a splash of red for colour.
- Polka dots can make me sigh with delight.
- I have 4 chooks. They are MY pets. Another tick on my dream-come-true chart.
- I don't eat dessert much any more. I'm not dieting, I just don't want it. (Does that mean I'm growing up if I say no to an icecream cone?)
- I'll still always say yes to chocolate though!
- I like to sit on the front stairs in the sun, to drink my morning cup of tea, while I contemplate what to do in the garden.
- I've got the gardening bug again recently. It comes and goes with the weather. I'm envisioning cottage flowers in pink, blue and white to go with my green picket fence.