Monday, January 18, 2010
Welcome to our slideshow night - drinks optional
I always seem to walk a tightrope between doing too much and getting annoyed that I'm not taking advantage of the holidays and relaxing, or else lazing around and getting annoyed that I'm not taking advantage of the holidays....you get the picture.
Get to know me
- I love the smell of cinnamon and vanilla.
- My favourite flowers are daisies.
- My favourite trees are pine trees.
- I always like to have the bickie jar full and a cake on the cake stand. I know...not that healthy, but so good to look at.
- Autumn is my favourite month, although I do wish we had more of a change of colours up here in Queensland.
- I love Anne of Green Gables and Laura Ingalls Wilder. They started my love affair with "old-fashioned" stuff.
- I'm a boots and jeans kind of girl, but also love vintage skirts and dresses.
- I like sewing and am in love with quilts at the moment.
- I love reading. (I have a weakness for archeological thrillers and historical romances, but not Mills and Boon-type ones.)
- I love old houses with character. No new estate houses for me. (Sorry Rosie.)
- I love vintage/cottage/farmhouse decorating and pretty pinks and blues, with a splash of red for colour.
- Polka dots can make me sigh with delight.
- I have 4 chooks. They are MY pets. Another tick on my dream-come-true chart.
- I don't eat dessert much any more. I'm not dieting, I just don't want it. (Does that mean I'm growing up if I say no to an icecream cone?)
- I'll still always say yes to chocolate though!
- I like to sit on the front stairs in the sun, to drink my morning cup of tea, while I contemplate what to do in the garden.
- I've got the gardening bug again recently. It comes and goes with the weather. I'm envisioning cottage flowers in pink, blue and white to go with my green picket fence.